Sunday, January 29, 2012

A good feeling

I haven't had any investors calling about my business plan.  And, to be honest, I see why.  How long will my child like those magnets?  How would I keep this business going long term?  I began thinking about scrapping the whole project and starting up something a little different.

Dimes for Drool.

I could weigh my pillow before I go to bed, weigh it in the morning, find the difference and get paid a dime for every-- well, I figure I'll always drool in my sleep.  I could even get Paul to volunteer his pillow.

Then I realized how gross this is and decided to put some of my entrepreneurial aspirations on hold for a bit.  My daughter needs the extra time and attention anyway as tooth number four makes it's debut.  She's been pretty uncomfortable.

Through her discomfort she still manages to manifest more of her personality everyday.  Tonight, after I put her in her jammies, she picked up her snugly bear and walked into my bedroom to find her daddy.  She marched up to Paul, handed him bear, and reached up to him.  Soon, both emerged, Andrea on his hip, and Paul wrapped around her little finger.  She knows what she wants and is pretty good at communicating.

As I watched my husband read her a bedtime story and give her some bedtime milk, I was reminded how precious this time is.

Being a stay-at-home mom is the hardest thing I've ever done but the best too.  I love witnessing all of Andrea's highs and even lows.  Just this week I observed her giggle in the bathtub, smear bananas in her hair, point at a balloon (a.k.a baa), stir plastic lettuce in a bowl, "read" a book to herself, softly pat my head, poke her finger up her nose, chase after me, throw a cheerio fit, hit her face on a footstool and come running to mommy to wipe her tears, resist a diaper change, crawl on my lap for a snuggle, and give me hugs around my neck with kisses on my cheek.  I'm so grateful that she's mine, and I love her so much.

I know I'm exactly where I'm suppose to be.  That's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment