Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chex mix

It's February and month two of my virtuous woman resolution.  The verses of focus for this month are 13-14.
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.  She is like the merchants’ ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
So, I've been working on a little circle skirt for Andrea.  I'm thinking it's time to finish it.  The outside layer is made from some old curtains and the inside layer is made from a white shirt that Paul retired for being too shear.  The tool is leftover from my wedding.  But making little shirts is probably not the only thing I can do to work on this goal.  I have a pile of mending that followed me when I moved in September.  Perhaps it's time to tackle it.

Bringing my food from afar. . . that one has me a little puzzled.  I guess I could drive down to Provo to buy groceries, but I doubt that's what this verse refers to.  I'll have to do a little pondering and reading and get back to you.

This morning Andrea and I were playing on my bed and she was making the cutest little noise that I decided to record it with my camera.  Afterward, I laid down beside her and turned the camera around to show her the video.  She watched herself and made noises at herself.  How I wish I had another camera to take a video of her watching the video.  It was just the cutest thing so I made her watch it four or five times for my own personal amusement.



On Sunday Paul gave Andrea her baby blessing.  I was a little worried because it took place in the evening she's at her peak of crankiness.  I timed her feedings and play time so she'd be ready to nap by the time everyone came at my parents house.  However, she has trouble falling asleep when there's noise and people so when the bishop arrived she was crying like, well, a baby.  Just before the Rowberry's arrived she finally drifted off.  As an answer to my prayers she was quiet for the entire event.  It was sweet experience.
Andrea in her blessing dress with her Aunt Juju.


It was also his birthday so I made him a cake!  I decided to just use buttercream to decorate it.  But I broke my mom's mixer and had to mix the frosting by hand so it was a little lumpy which made piping difficult.
But he seemed to like it just fine. :)

On Saturday a friend of mine is getting married and asked me to make his wedding cake.  It's a single tier cake with cupcakes beneath it.  When I asked what their flower was my heart sank.  White roses.  I cannot do buttercream roses.  I've tried and failed and I don't want to ruin this cake.  So I'm making gumpaste roses which is much easier.  The one drawback, gumpaste dries really fast and becomes brittle while you are working with it.

Other noise: I think our houseplant has seen better days.  Paul was worried about me taking care of a baby because I can't seem to keep one if the most hard-to-kill houseplants alive for very long.  But in my defense, the plant doesn't cry when it's thirsty, smile at me when it's happy, or incubate inside me for nine months.  Still, I have feelings of guilt when look at my sad little plant stick.

And this picture is just cute.  Andrea's little foot is the size of Paul's big toe.  Awww!

No comments:

Post a Comment