Perrrrfect. Now it's time to write some content.
A Pintrickster likes to give you well-defined steps to make their deception seem legitimate. These steps often come in odd numbers or in clusters of 6, which is a strong indicator that you are about to embarrass yourself, and Satan will laugh at you.
- The first step will always be to wash the afflicted area. This tricks you, the reader, into thinking the bizarreness that's about to follow is somehow sanctioned medically, herbally, or scientifically. Sanitizing people are analyzing people, amiright?
- Next they will tell you where to put the afflicted area. Place hand over sink. Hold nose under faucet. Or in the case of my example: Place foot in large bucket or container. This manipulates you into thinking the author is your friend because they care about the cleanliness of your abode. How sweet!
- Next they will give you a list of measurements, which is just another way to seem professional. But when you see '2/3rds', run. 2x3=6 which is the devil's number. Measure out 2/3rds cup of sauce into mixing bowl.
- Now they will spring an added ingredient on you. Mix in 6 tablespoons of cough medicine. This does two things: First, it convinces you of the science behind the tutorial. The ingredients in the cough medicine activates the anti-fungal properties in the herbs suspended in the anti-oxidant rich tomatoes. Sounds pretty good, no? Second, it disperses the blame. The more ingredients, the greater the dispersal. Soon, the Pintrickster is hidden behind a wall of personal doubts. This isn't working; did I purchase the right brand of sauce? Should I have bought the organic? Or the one with the little mushrooms? Fight fungal with fungal. Pretty sure that's a saying. Or was it the cough medicine? I bought the overnight formula. I knew I should have got Dayquil. Cherry flavor? Orange flavor? Better get both next time to be safe. At this point, is hasn't even occurred to you to question the legitimacy of the author.
- This is where some technique comes in. This is like scam insurance. When the ridiculous claim they made doesn't work, you will start to wonder if you followed the directions completely. This may motivate you to repeat the process and even invite a witness to help you perform the procedure perfectly. Pour sauce mixture over toes in a counterclockwise motion. Now, use a paint brush to gentle sweep the crimson magic over the entire surface of your foot, concentrating on the toenails and using zigzagging motions. At this point, even the angels are laughing at you.
- This step is for the sole purpose of torturing you. It is step 6 after all. Stand with feet apart, pointed at a 66 degree angle, and knees touching. In this position, allow feet to soak in magical sauce tonic until toes are deeply pruney and smell like Italy.
- Rinse feet. This step is a mercy step for those would walk around with pizza feet otherwise. (You know who you are.) This just goes to show you that Pintricksters have a conscience, however small that may be.
- This step is to hide that small conscience. Repeat every night until fungus disappears.
- In this instance, this final step is mostly a token step just to end the tutorial with an odd number. It's also subtle mockery. Enjoy your new, fresh feet!
Take these tips to heart next time you are tempted to dye your hair with soy sauce, remove warts with pie dough, or douse your eye in wheatgrass juice. That's a Pintrickster at work. You're welcome.