Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Andrea says. . .

I am so amazed by some of the things that spew out of my two year old's mouth.  This month has produced these little gems:

Andrea: [After kissing Paul goodbye in the morning] No!  Daddy doesn't want a kiss from you!

Andrea: [After pulling up in front of our house] No!  I don't want to live here anymore!  Grandma's house!!!

Andrea: I need to go talk to Daddy.  No, Mommy!  Don't come.  I need to do it myself.  DADDY!  I made three plops! (Plop is the sound poop makes, fyi.)

Andrea: Mom?  What nice thing should I say it of?
Me: What?
Andrea: What nice thing should I say it of?
Me: What does that mean?
Andrea: What nice thing should I say it of?
(I finally figured out she was asking how to say something in a nice way.  We need to work on her grammar. . . . .)

Andrea: Mom! I have a booger!
Me: A booger? Do you need a tissue?
Andrea: No, don't worry. I ate it.
Me: Oh! We're not suppose to eat boogers. They are for tissues.
Andrea: But I liked it!

Andrea: [After following me to bathroom during the early stages of her potty training] You can do it, Mommy.  Be brave.  I hold your hands while you make pee pees because I'm a superhero.
Me: Thanks, but Mommy isn't afraid to put her pee pees in the potty.  Using the potty is fun!
Andrea:  No, it's not fun!  It's scary!  Give me your hands.
(She's finally stopped making me hold her hands every time I use the restroom.)

Andrea: I need something else with my cheese. (Translation: I have no intention of eating this cheese.  Bring me something else)
Me: No, please eat your cheese first.
Andrea: But, it's been sitting a little while.  It's kinda hard.  I go throw it in the trash.
Me: No!  It's fine.  Step away from the trash can.

Andrea: Mommy, you taking your mighty-yums? (Translation: mighty-yums=vitamins)
Me: [As I pour a spoonful of fish oil] Yup.
Andrea: What's that mighty-yum?
Me: It's fish oil.
Andrea: Fish oil?  Fish oil helps baby Sam be smart like me?
Me: Yes, it's helps his brain grow.
Andrea: My head has oil all over inside.  So much oil, want to see?

It's so hard not to just laugh at her all the time, especially when she's completely serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment